Porsche unveils official Rennsport Reunion VI poster, the artwork of which Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) commissioned for the upcoming rare, spectacular motorsports event in September.
Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI — The Event
Once again hosted by PCNA with support and assistance from the Porsche Club of America, Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI (as its “VI” implies) is the sixth iteration of “the world’s largest gathering of all generations of Porsche racecars and their drivers,” touts the PCNA announcement.
This year, Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI will be expanded from the three-day duration of past Reunions to an unprecedented four-day “family reunion.” Once again, this historic event is set at world-renowned WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, just off the Monterey Peninsula, from September 27 through 30, 2018.
In 2015, Rennsport Reunion V attracted close to 60,000 fans from all over the world to Laguna Seca Raceway.
As was the case then, Rennsport Reunion VI will be another aforementioned family reunion of the largest gathering of vintage as well as contemporary Porsche racecars, their drivers past and present, their engineers, and, of course, thousands of Porsche fans from around the globe.
Rennsport Reunion VI is one of many events taking place this year to commemorate and celebrate Porsche’s 70th anniversary of its very first sports car.
Here are some links that you need to bookmark to stay up to date on the latest developments about Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI:
The official Parade Lap registration link (to purchase Parade Laps which went on sale on July 11, 2018, at noon EDT — supplies are severely limited and can be purchased only if you have already pre-purchased a PCA Corral Pass).
The official Laguna Seca Raceway website (to learn more about the event directly from the Raceway and to obtain tickets to the event).
The official Porsche website about all Porsche Rennsport Reunions (to learn about Reunions past, present and future).
The official Porsche Club of America website (to get the latest updates on PCA’s plans for and activities at Rennsport Reunion VI)
The official StuttgartDNA website (to learn about the latest general developments on Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI).
Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI — The Official Poster
The official poster for Rennsport Reunion VI depicts three significant players in Porsche motorsport history (from top to bottom):
- The 1960 12 Hours of Sebring winner — the Type 718 RS 60 — Porsche’s first overall endurance race winner
- The 2008 RS Spyder which, to everyone’s amazement, from its LMP2 Prototype class won races overall ahead of presumably more dominant LMP1 cars in the American Le Mans Series, and
- The groundbreaking 959 Group B rally car, which not only won the punishing 6,200-mile 1986 Paris-Dakar off-road rally, but also subsequently evolved into the world’s fastest street-legal production car of its time.
The poster is a reproduction of the original painting by celebrated automotive artist Dennis Simon, the creator of four of the previous five Reunion posters. Here are descriptions of his previous Reunion works:
- 2004 Rennsport Reunion II poster — set at the 1968 24 Hours of Daytona as three 908s cross the finish line
- 2007 Rennsport Reunion III poster — depicts the formidable 917 and 962 in Gulf and Löwenbräu liveries, respectively
- 2011 Rennsport Reunion IV poster — adorned with Al Holbert’s 911 RSR from 1974 and the 1981 factory 935 long-tail, notoriously known as “Moby Dick,” in world-famous Martini Racing livery
- 2015 Rennsport Reunion V poster — rendered on this poster from the last Reunion are the 1970 24 Hours of Le Mans-winning 917 K, the now-retired Le Mans-winning Porsche 919 Hybrid and LMP1 WEC Champion, and the class-winning 356 SL at the 1951 24 Hours of Le Mans
Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI — Ticket Availability
As of this writing, very few tickets and General Camping spots for Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI are still available — but they won’t last very much longer.
Grab them fast while you can by calling the Laguna Seca ticket office at 831-242-8200. Also call this number to inquire about the availability, if any at this late date, of Premier and Reserved Camping reservations.
You can also check availability and purchase any remaining tickets by clicking here on this link to the Laguna Seca / TicketMaster ticket portal.
Sadly, though, all Porsche Corral tickets are sold out, as are all Premier Pit Row Suites, and all Flagroom and Preferred Parking options.
© 2018-2019 Copyright StuttgartDNA.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please share your COMMENTS with everyone by scrolling down to the “LEAVE A REPLY” space below at the very bottom of this page. Your input is highly valued by us and much appreciated!