The Porsche Cayenne gets a fresh Stuttgart roll-out in the form of the new 2024 Porsche Cayenne. The 2024 Porsche SUV sports substantial all-new upgrades. This particular Porsche Cayenne is the third-generation luxury Porsche SUV benefiting from a mid-cycle comprehensive update.
Enhancements to the Zuffenhausen company’s popular Porsche Cayenne include upgrades improving performance, comfort, styling, and technology too. The new Cayenne’s tweaks include: exterior refreshes, engine power boosts and selection (e.g., return of the V8), select interior enhancements, and chassis improvements. You can order the 2024 Cayenne now starting at $79,200 plus destination fees, with deliveries arriving this summer 2023 at dealers across the States.
Updates to the 2024 Porsche Cayenne’s Luxurious Interior
The new Porsche Cayenne gets a totally redesigned interior and dashboard layout. New to the 2024 luxury Porsche SUV is the concept of the Porsche Driver Experience, optimizing the driver’s control of crucial functions, as its name implies. This notion was first seen in the Taycan. It entails improvements concerning driver controls placed right on steering wheel or as close as possible to steering wheel.
In addition, other vital driver functions are placed on a stalk to the left of and behind the steering wheel. The gear selector has been moved to the dashboard; this frees up the new center console above the transmission tunnel for a larger A/C and heating climate controller and for a slight increase in storage.
The instrument cluster is also new to the Porsche Cayenne 2024. It consists of a curved, freestanding 12.5-inch digital-analog-combo display screen and variable display options. An optional head-up display is on offer.
The standard PCM 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen includes the latest Porsche Communication Management software — as well as such native apps as Apple Music and Spotify to optimize connectivity in the Porsche SUV.
And then there’s the passenger screen as an option, a 10.9-inch display, which is new for first time to the Cayenne. Originally seen in the Taycan too, it consists of an infotainment system to stream video while on those sought-after road trips. Porsche claims its screen utilizes a special concealing optical layer, making the playing video non-visible to the driver.
Sharper Exterior Design for the 2024 Porsche Cayenne
The new 2024 Porsche Cayenne sports a refreshed front end. It includes redesigned fenders, hood and headlights, just above the restyled bumper, which features more functional and striking air intakes. The rear end has been revamped too. It includes three-dimensional taillights, a new rear fascia with a much better integrated license-plate holder.
New colors have been added to expand the Cayenne’s color palette: Arctic Grey, Algarve Blue and Montego Blue Metallic. There is also a fresh, new selection of wheels in 20-, 21- and 22-inch sizes.
The 2024 Porsche Cayenne Gets a Beefier Family of Engines and the Return of the V8 — Probably the Last of the Cayenne ICEs
The family of engines for the Porsche Cayenne for 2024 has been beefed up across the board. This is most likely the last family of Cayenne internal-combustion engines, sadly. In ascending order of model trim, these are the latest upgraded, more powerful engines:
Cayenne — the standard base model
- Optimized 3.0-liter V6 single-turbo engine
- 348 horsepower and 368 lb.-ft. of torque, which is 13 hp and 36 lb.-ft. more than the previous model year
- Twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine, replacing last year’s 2.9-liter V6 engine
- 468 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, 34 hp and 37 lb.-ft. more than its six-cylinder predecessor
- Accelerates both the SUV and the SUV Coupé to 60 mph in up to 4.4 seconds when equipped with the Sport Chrono Package
- Top track speed = 169 mph
- Optimized 3.0-liter V6 single-turbo engine from the base model combined with the new 174-hp electric motor
- 463 combined horsepower
- New high-voltage battery boasting an increased capacity from 17.9 kWh to 25.9 kWh
- A new 11 kW on-board AC charger now reduces the charging time at a compatible power source to less than two and a half hours in spite of the enlarged battery capacity
Cayenne Turbo GT, available exclusively as a coupé
- Twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine
- 650 horsepower and 626 lb.-ft. of torque, 19 hp more than last year’s model
- Zero to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds
- Top track speed = 189 mph
While we’re on the subject of the Cayenne Turbo GT, here are some of its reported standard equipment:
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
- Rear-axle steering
- Sport Exhaust system with titanium tailpipes
- 22-inch GT Design wheels fitted with ultra-high-performance tires
Chassis Refinements on the 2024 Porsche Cayenne
New-and-improved chassis features further enhance the 2024 Porsche Cayenne. Now coming standard on the new Porsche Cayenne are Porsche’s PASM adaptive dampers. They comprise a new two-valve suspension for compression as well as rebound.
Adaptive air suspension comes optional but is standard equipment on the Turbo GT. Tweaked rear torque-vectoring and rear-axle steering systems appreciably improve road-and-track handling.
Concluding Thoughts on the Upgraded 2024 Porsche Cayenne
The Porsche Cayenne 2024 grants all of the aforementioned tweaks, and then some. The Cayenne’s base wheels have been increased from last year’s 19 inches in diameter to 20 inches, for example. This expands the contact patch and thus increases mechanical grip. How bad can that be?
Porsche Cayenne Standard Equipment
The Porsche Cayenne models for 2024 come with some of the following expanded standard equipment:
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Lane Change Assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Matrix Design LED headlights
- Porsche Active Suspension Management
- Smartphone tray with inductive charging at up to 15 watts
Porsche Cayenne Pricing
Pricing for the 2024 Porsche Cayenne models (all include the $1,650 Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee)
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne base — $80,850
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid — $93,350
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne S — $97,350
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne Coupé base — $85,950
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupé — $97,350
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne S Coupé — $103,750
- 2024 Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT — $197,950